Tuesday, November 25, 2008

10 Things I am Thankful For...

It's really hard to list all the things we are thankful for...I mean in the grand scheme...there is really just so much. I absolutely love it when my 2 and a half year old, Henry, prays for the things he's thankful for...it goes like this: "Ga Bwess Daddy, Lukee, Mer-Mer [for whatever reason, I am always left out of his prayers...go figure]...thank you for milk, monsters, da wain, ketchup, waffles, tigers, elephants...ga bwess baths, birdees..." The list goes on and on which I love. He really just picks things at random which is so sweet because that's really how it is...there are just so many random things to be wonderfully thankful for...it's very hard to narrow it down when you really start looking around. I have a much longer list then 10...but here are the highlights for 2008:
1) Wonderful Husband - really the most patient person I know and very engaged father.
2) Fantastic kids - love em so much! We are especially thankful for our new addition, Jonah. For me it completes thankfulness to come. For instance, Jon now has an instant "foursome" for golf...which translates into more shopping and spa days for me in the years ahead. Hooray!
3) The rest of the "normal" things - job, family, home, car, food in the refrigerator (including some cold beers)...
4) DVR...now this is probably one of the greatest inventions especially when you have kids and you have no idea what is to come hour to hour from temper tantrums to projectile vomit...it really is glorious!
5) The automatic doors on the mini-van. Now, I never took myself for a mini-van kinda girl. But I will never, ever forget when I saw those automatic doors...I thought that I would lose it if I didn't get some and I am thankful every day when I am carrying my coffee, Luke's book bag, a few jackets, a diaper bag, my purse, sippy cups and the baby that I can press a button and drop it all in! Now, I need an automatic front door opener for when I am trying to make it into the house in one trip during the pouring down rain with the 2 poky kids in tow, a baby, the diaper bag, Luke's book bag (now full with school stuff), empty sippy cups, empty coffee cup, my purse, loads of trash, a few groceries and the mail....
6) Friends - We really have one of the greatest network of friends ever...both Jon and I are so blessed in this area...when you have three kids, it's hard to get people to come over or invite you over...I mean the smell of our house alone is overwhelming...so, we are very grateful for our friends that continuously reach out to us. Oh yeah, most importantly...all that free baby sitting. For that we are forever grateful and indebted.
7) Wachovia's maternity leave program...I have had the most fantastic time with baby Jonah the last few months. I recognize that some people don't have the opportunity to spend a lot of time with their babies and have to go straight back to work...so I am appreciative that I work for a great company...even if it won't be Wachovia for long...
8) Ringing in Christmas early! I know that people get so tired of Christmas coming earlier and earlier, but I personally think that Christmas comes entirely to slow and goes by too fast. So...our house has been decorated (minus the tree only because I couldn't find one) since the day after Halloween. It just makes me happy...
9) Dunkin Donuts Coffee. I am so happy I have discovered Dunkin...I am a complete convert from Starbucks. What "got me" was that you can get your cream and sugar put in for you! No getting out of the car and dragging the kids in to the store or trying to put in your cream and sugar...spilling it all over the car and burning myself. They see our van in the store camera and get it ready! They also have the EXTRA LARGE coffee...which really works for me at this point in my life.
10) Being 39 years old...I have absolutely adored my 30's. About 3 weeks after I turned 30, a light bulb just went off and I realized that things weren't really as hard as I was making them out to be and heart break was not all it was cracked up to be. Since then I have met a wonderful man, gotten married, and have had 3 gorgeous kids that have taught me what it really means to love. So, I am sad to leave my 30's on a lot of levels...but I have no doubt that my 40's will be just as exciting as the last 10 years! (I'm really praying that my 40's will bring the gift of patience on a very dramatic level because I'm going to need it).
Hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving....Psalm 118:1 "O, Give thanks to the Lord; for he is good."


No comments:

Post a Comment