Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Merriwether's 40th Birthday at the Rock Barn

"At twenty we worry about what others think of us; at forty we don't care about what others think of us; at sixty we discover they haven't been thinking about us at all."
I'm not really sure who to give credit for this quote, but it really is true. That's the beauty of 40 and getting older in general. Ok, do you hear me? Trying to make "aging" fantastic and it is of course...although, I wouldn't go so far as to say, I miss my 20's...I just wish I was "older" in my 20's. Anyway...we spent Merriwether's 40th birthday at the Rock Barn spa. It was a fantastic day. We spent it with Kathlene, her sister, and our two best friends from jr high/high school, Candy and Traci. We had great conversation and tons of laughter which is how it is no matter where we are when we are together.
As most of you know, I think that Merriwether is the most wonderful person I have ever met. She has been my best friend more years then not, if that makes sense...some of my favorite things about her is that she just knows how to be a great friend, she listens with her heart and never judges, she tells great stories and laughs at the drop of a hat (cries to, but we won't go there). She had a great day and I'm so happy I could be apart of it!


Here she is getting not only ONE blue box (and you all know the one) but TWO!


Remember that thing I said about crying....that would be what's going on here. For those of you that wrote cards, verses, memories and more...you'll be happy to know she was so happy, she cried...she was extremely touched as you can see.


Me and Mer...BFF (HA!)


A word about the cake...not was it one of the more beautiful cakes I have seen, it was delicious. It was made by Traci's (shown above) personal chef (as I like to think of the person that made it)...It was the perfect topper to a perfect day!
Happy Birthday Mer...

No comments:

Post a Comment