Monday, January 7, 2008

Ringing in 2008

Ok...so, I must be getting ready to turn 39 (or 80) because we definitely did not "ring in the new year" nor did we even see the ball drop...Jon and I were both in bed around, say...9:30. Sad, but true. However, we did enjoy a late afternoon with the kids along with some very good pizza and our favorite Dean and Deluca salad. Not to mention, the 136 times we "got" to watch the Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious section of Mary Poppins as the kids danced and sang to their hearts content. Not too bad, but not explosive by any stretch of the imagination.

As I think about our 2008 resolutions it's impossible for me not to reflect on 2007...what a fantastic year. Not sure how many people know this but 2007, from a Christian perspective, was known as the "Year of the Open Door". My first thought had been...what wonderful things will happen to us...I can't wait til the end of the year to look back on all the "big bangs" that happened. I must say, we did not have a lot of "big bangs", but the doors have been flung wide open in so many ways. We are poised and set for all the "big bangs" in years to come. I don't want to bore anyone with specifics, but let's just say, it's been a great year not only for me, but for so many people that I know!

2008 resolutions have not come easy for me this year...maybe because our resolution as a family is to slow down and just "be". Enjoy the moment rather then rushing to create the moment. I could recite some really random one's like, "buy a carpet for the green room" or "make sure the toys are organized in their specific bins all year long" but what good would that do. I believe that our biggest goal is to learn to truly pray as a family...part of the slowing down is allowing ourselves to do that...

Cheers to 2007...Happy 2008!

No comments:

Post a Comment