Friday, February 15, 2008

Cupid...where are you?!

Valentine's Day...crazy holiday of racing around...as I like to call it. I know, I know...it's about love! Maybe it's just that we have had a crazy two weeks and believe me, it's not been "fun crazy". Everyone in the family has been sick with a nasty virus...it's been going on for two weeks now...the kids were out of daycare for 5 days! EEK! Of course, Superstar Mom that I am...did not get it! What's even more amazing is that my kids coughed right in my face no less then 100 times and I STILL didn't get it! Believe me, I am grateful...but this is why sick sympathy is not my strong point as my very good friends know. When boys of all ages (and I do mean, all ages) are sick...they are pitiful and they whine. It's just a fact of life and I am learning to accept it. It doesn't help my lack of sympathy though! Anyway...so, we are trying to get back to normal this week and here comes Valentine's Day...it just snuck up on me! I realized on Wednesday that I needed to make cupcakes, address cards for the kids classmates and get something for Jon! Needless to say, I had to cut out Jon's gift and tell him to go ahead to Home Depot to buy something and I just wouldn't say anything when the money came ouf of the account. He said, "That's fine, because I didn't get you anything either." So, that's our attitude this Valentine's day...there's always next year. All that matters is that the kids had fun anyway and they did!

No comments:

Post a Comment