Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Angels...

Today Luke was in the back of the car watching the Incredibles...out of the blue he said, "Can God make tools?" Before I could answer...he came out with..."or do the angels make them and bring them down to earth?" Not exactly sure how to answer, I said, "God can make tools...I think the angels can bring them down?" Totally unsure...I mean, why didn't I just say "Yes"? Impatiently he said, "Well does he make them or not?" In the meantime, Henry is sitting next to Luke, saying, "Henry no like tools! Henry no like angels!" (we are in Henry's talking in 3rd person phase) Ok...so, I was about to blurt out a very simple answer... God makes the people with the ability to make tools, which I knew would stop this line of questioning because he would have absolutely no idea what I was talking about...but then he blurted out..."I know...God makes the tools and hands them to the angels who bring them down from the sky to Home Depot. Is that right mommy?" I hesitated..."Yes! That's exactly what happens..." Just a small glimpse of the questions to come to a mommy that does not have all the answers...interesting and exciting...

No comments:

Post a Comment